Last update: August 01, 2015
IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE: This policy explains how cookies are used on this website. The policy may be modified from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means, such as posting the revised policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. By using this site, you consent to the placement of cookies on your computer in accordance with the terms of this policy. If you do not wish to accept cookies from this site, please disable cookies or refrain from using this site.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the browser cookie file on your computer’s hard drive so that the website can recognize you when you visit again and remember certain information about you. This may include the pages you have visited, the choices you have made in the menus, any specific information you have entered in the forms, and the time and date of your visit.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of the browser session, i.e. when you leave the site. Session cookies allow the website to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browsing session and allow you to use the website in the most efficient way. For example, session cookies allow a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping cart.
- Persistent cookies: unlike session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your computer between browsing sessions until they expire or are deleted. They therefore allow the website to “recognize” you upon your return, remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies set by the website you have chosen to visit, such as this website, to provide information to us or to third parties.
We currently use, and may use in the future, the following types of cookies on this website.
We use session cookies to:
- help us maintain security and verify your data as you use the website when navigating from one page to another, allowing you to avoid having to re-enter your data each time you enter a new page.
We use persistent cookies to:
- help us recognize you as a unique user when you return to our website, so that you don’t have to enter your details multiple times when you go through our pages or services
- remember how you have personalized your use of this site, such as your preferred currency and time zone
- collect and compile anonymous and aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and to help us improve the structure of our website.
As with first-party cookies, you can block third-party cookies through your browser settings.