AWS Python Developer
At Galeo we develop projects for our clients where we generallydesign, develop, deploy and maintain the projects . Here lies one of our main added values, and that is to have profiles of all kinds to provide the entire supply chain of a project.
We focus on public cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP) and, although we do everything, our forte is IoT projects and Big Data platforms in all their breadth.
We like to be daring, innovative, try new technologies and the automation of all the components of our projects.
We are looking for versatile Python developers, initially to work on our IoT projects, so you will be working a lot with small programs (usually on lambda functions) processing streaming data, but you could also see yourself creating small APIs with FastAPI or AWS Chalice.
You will probably learn a lot of things, we use AWS IoT suite, MQTT, Kafka, KSQL, Lambda, DynamoDB, Relational BDD, Redshift, s3… the only thing that matters to us is that you are passionate about python and caching.
100% of Galeo employees use Python on a daily basis, it is already in the common stack of data engineers, data scientists, IoT engineers, systems, web developers…..
The facts are clear:
- A competitive salary, complemented by an attractive performance-based bonus.
- A training and professional growth plan. All GALEO engineers have annual training and certification objectives, customized and designed together with the company.
- Real access to certifications: AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, Confluent, DataBricks…..
- An informal, flexible and friendly work environment. The work is done in small teams, 100% TELEWORKING or from our new office in Madrid, which will allow you to work from the location that best suits you. We hold two annual face-to-face meetings in a festive setting.
- Other financial incentives such as rewards for bringing to Galeo that friend who is a crack, or for coaching people more junior than you. More than 70% of Galeo’s employees come from internal referrals – would it be like this if it wasn’t a great place to work?
Roles and responsibilities
These will be your main functions:
- Developing Lambda functions for streaming data processing
- Development of containers for ECS or EKS of various kinds
- Create CloudFormation or Terraform templates to deploy your components.
- Join a bunch of AWS services to create complex platforms.
We do not expect you to control everything, we value what is not written here, and what matters to us is your ability to absorb new knowledge:
- 2 to 5 years experience as a Python developer
- Experience in public cloud, mainly AWS
- Minimum knowledge of Docker is a plus
- Experience with Terraform or Cloud Formation is a plus.
- Experience working with IoT or streaming data platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of other programming and scripting languages is an asset.
- Fundamental: appropriate personality to work in a team and deal directly with our customers. We work remotely, so communication with the rest of the world is essential for the formula to work.
- The most important thing is that you have experience in different technologies and you are motivated to keep learning from each technological ecosystem.
- Residing in Spain, we don’t care where.
- Videoconference with the Head of People of Galeo Tech.
- Videoconference with Galeo Tech’s CTO.
- Videoconference to meet some of your colleagues first hand if you wish.
- Offer of incorporation