DevOps / ITOps – Infrastructure, governance and processes as code
We are looking for a DevOps / SysOps with at least 3 years of experience in Azure environments and knowledge of Kubernetes and devops tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Azure Devops… to join our technical team.
At Galeo we develop projects for our clients in the fields of Data Engineering and digital platforms and IoT, focusing on the most important Cloud Providers such as Azure, AWS and GCP. Our mission is to ensure that projects achieve the highest degree of automation and digitization possible, avoiding as much as possible manual interventions that lead to human errors and penalize scalability. Therefore, we are looking for collaborative and very proactive people who are able to agree on the best solution so that our project developments reach levels of cloud excellence never seen before.
Interested? Take a look at the details of our vacancy.
The facts are clear:
- A competitive salary, complemented by an attractive performance-based bonus.
- A training and professional growth plan. All GALEO engineers have annual training and certification objectives, customized and designed together with the company.
- Real access to certifications: AWS, Azure, GCP, Confluent, DataBricks…..
- An informal, flexible and friendly work environment. The work is done in small teams, 100% TELEWORKING or from our new office in Madrid, which will allow you to work from the location that best suits you. We hold two annual face-to-face meetings in a festive setting.
- The possibility to leave a mark, at GALEO we need different ideas and approaches, so we provide our engineers with the time and resources to experiment and innovate with our customers.
Roles and responsibilities
These will be your main functions:
- Improve and maintain the stability of a digital product/platform built or being built, both proactively and reactively.
- Give greater security and reliability to the environment, while making it scalable.
- Continuous improvement of our cloud infrastructure and that of our customers.
- Propose improvements, automations and tools that can improve processes, especially those that can help the work of your colleagues.
- If DevOps sounds in your head, we have a lot to play with.
- Cloud governance of large customers: tags, namming, iam, security, networking, best practices…
Roles and responsibilities
They are called Soft Skills or Hard Skills. We are not going to get into terminology. The important thing is that you know what skills and experience are expected of you. Fundamentally, you must have a desire to work as part of a team, be organized, responsible and have initiative.
But, in addition:
- At least 3 years experience as CloudAdmin/Devops
- Azure experience is mandatory given our volume in that provider, but additional experience in AWS and/or Google Cloud will be highly valued as we also work with them.
- Fundamental: experience with Kubernetes Alto. You will have to manage all the Kubernetes components, review use cases and their deployment format, for example, to recommend statefulsets, etc…
- Fundamental: CI/CD experience with Azure DevOps
- Fundamental: Terraform experience
- Highly valued: experience with Dynatrace
- Valuable: experience with Istio
- Valuable: experience with Jenkins
- Valuable: experience in cloud governance: tag policy, cost control, best practices definition.
- Valuable: experience in log collection and infrastructure monitoring. In addition to Dynatrace, as already mentioned, we work extensively with Grafana.
- The most important thing is that you have experience in different technologies and you are motivated to keep learning from each technological ecosystem.
Residing in Spain
GALEO TECH is a company founded in 2018 to help companies in their digitization process. Since then we are undergoing rapid growth by designing, building and operating innovative data platforms that harness, integrate and exploit the dynamic value of data.
The GALEO team consists of a group of professionals with extensive experience in various fields of technology, engineering, science and business. Our experiences include creating and developing digital products, applying artificial intelligence on a large scale, building data platforms for large companies, conducting scientific experiments, designing IoT hardware and even launching several startups.
At GALEO we like to create things, and that is our focus. No nonsense, no paperwork, no bureaucracy, no ties. We pride ourselves on maintaining a free and independent spirit that allows us to bring maximum value to our clients in a straightforward, transparent and professional manner.
GALEO’s team of engineers, developers and architects work flexibly, usually remotely, in small, multidisciplinary and autonomous teams, operating fully aligned for the achievement of our project goals and the satisfaction of our customers.
- Video conference with the Head of People of Galeo Tech.
- Video conference with Galeo Tech’s CTO
- Falling in love with Galeo
- Offer of incorporation