IoT Engineer – Solutions for industrial environments
We are looking for an IoT Engineer with at least 4 years of experience in engineering companies, technology consulting, telco, etc. to join our IoT team.
Interested? Take a look at the details of our vacancy.
First, we start with the working conditions offered by the company. So, if you don’t agree with the basics, don’t waste any more time reading.
- Flexible working hours
- An informal, flexible and friendly work environment. The work is done in small teams, 100% TELEWORKING or from our new office in Madrid, which will allow you to work from the location that best suits you. We hold two annual face-to-face meetings in a festive setting.
- Permanent contract
- Approximate salary: 40-45K + performance bonus
- Actual annual training plan with certifications
- Resources and tools at your disposal for working remotely
If the professional conditions are attractive to you and are in line with your professional motivations, read on!
Roles and responsibilities
These will be your main functions:
- Develop components and artifacts that enable the connection of physical devices to IoT services such as ingest, analytics, etc.
- Design IoT architectures that provide technical solutions to our customers’ challenges.
- Provision, configure and deploy managed services in Azure and AWS public clouds.
- Participate in the evaluation/selection of HW equipment such as gateways, sensors, actuators, network electronics, etc. to propose the best solution to a customer challenge.
- Develop PoCs and technology demonstrators to validate the implementation of a final solution.
- You will collaborate in technical pre-sales activities with our sales teams and customer managers.
- You will have the opportunity to represent the company at forums and events with partners, customers and technology manufacturers.
These are called Soft Skills or Hard Skills. We will not go into terminology. The important thing is that you know what skills and experience are expected of you. Fundamentally, he/she must be a team player, orderly, responsible and have initiative. But also:
- At least 4 years of IT/OT experience in industrial environments.
- Experience in data capture, gateways, messaging protocols, event processing, IoT solution design. Experience with industrial systems such as PLC, HMI, SCADA, HISTORIAN, DCS, etc.
- Experience with Python.
- Associate/Professional level certification in AWS or similar demonstrable experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the IoT stack of leading Azure and AWS hyperscalers.
- Videoconference with Galeo Tech’s Chief of Staff.
- Videoconference with Galeo Tech’s CTO.
- Request for references (if not done before or during the selection process)
- Offer of incorporation
Residence in Spain
The Galeo team
The team consists of more than 40 professionals specialized in data engineering and IoT and experts in digital technologies. The usual technology stack is usually Python, Spark, Terraform, Jenkins, AzureDevOps, Kafka, etc. But depending on the project, you can also work with other technologies such as Scala, Ansible, GitOps, Rabit/HiveMQ, Azure IoT, Grafana, Prometheus, etc. The work is performed in small, remote, autonomous and flexible teams. Without bureaucracy or formalism, but with responsibility and professional maturity.
A culture that favors flexibility, work-life balance and professional growth.
At GALEO we like to create things, and that is our goal. No nonsense, no paperwork, no bureaucracy, no strings attached. We are proud to maintain a free and independent spirit that allows us to bring maximum value to our clients in a direct, transparent and professional manner. If you would like to join our team and get to know us better, please do not hesitate to contact us.